If you’re going to a festival this year, you’ll probably already have a picture in your head of what things are going to be like. Sun shining, great music playing; as you sway in the wind, beer in hand – wearing a great outfit of course. Nothing is more fun or exciting than festival fashion and putting amazing outfits together. Start early so you can be the epitome of festival chic when it’s time to get messy and muddy!
Your festival outfits need to be practical as well as trendy and cool. It’s so much fun putting your festival outfits together – you’re literally free to throw on anything you want! People are usually a little more daring at festivals too, so you needn’t worry about whether something will suit you…try it anyway! Here’s our roundup of what you should consider adding in to your festival outfit to make something special:
- Wellies/biker boots. You need a good sturdy boot at a festival to get you through the muddy times! You might want to avoid packing your favourite trainers as they’ll easily get dirty.
- Sunglasses – these are a must to keep you looking cool and protect your eyes from the sun. Love heart shaped glasses will add a fun element to your outfit!
- Shorts – shorts are perfect for a hot day, and you’ll find that most people choose to wear them. This is because they’ll keep you cool, but also avoid any embarrassing situations should you fall over drunk in the mud (you’d end up flashing everyone in a skirt!). Customise your shorts or buy a funky pair from Ragged Priest.
- A kimono – kimonos add a great boho feel and will look great layered over some funky shorts.
- A cami top – the best option for your shorts.
- A long fit t-shirt – you can wear a long fit t shirt as a dress, and it’ll look great with boots!
- A patterned sundress – a casual sun dress is best, as it’ll be comfortable enough to wear all day.
- A leather backpack – great for festival essentials such as dry shampoo!
- A bumbag – perfect for keeping your valuables close as you dance the day and night away.
Festival jewellery completes an outfit, so make sure you wear plenty of it to compliment your look! A watch, plenty of bangles (both metal and cotton), stacks of rings, ear cuffs, and anything else you want to pile on! Take a look on Goldsmiths.co.uk to see what takes your fancy. Chokers are big this year, so throw one of them on for festival cool nailed!
Festivals are a great time to experiment with your makeup, so go a bit crazy and see what you can come up with! Try glitter and sparkles designed to be applied to the face, as well as funky glue on eyelashes and bold eye/lip colour. Alternatively, you could go barefaced so you don’t have to worry about smudges!
Get practicing now for the perfect look when it’s time to go camping and drinking. Have a great time!