Christmas time is all about getting glammed up and looking amazing, so your hair, makeup and outfits all have to be special! If you want to impress your friends and family, make heads turn at the office party, and look and feel your best; follow these expert tips to look flawless:
Your Christmas Outfit
It’s important that you get your Christmas outfit spot on, so follow this advice:
- Always wear body controlling and contouring underwear to make you look slimmer, and smooth you out. Gok Wan swears by this trick, and there are a variety of styles to suit whatever you’re wearing and your own personal body type.
- Find out what body type you are and dress accordingly. Everybody has a different body type and a different set of assets and features, so it’s important you dress to suit yourself and not what looked good on somebody else.
- Wear heels or wedges to elongate your legs, improve your posture, and give you a more shapely bottom and breasts. Wedges are more comfortable and easier to dance in though, as your weight is distributed more evenly throughout your foot.
- Don’t go too OTT or blingtastic with your dress and accessories – a pretty one from Get the Label should look amazing!
- Your hairstyle should complement your chosen outfit perfectly. If you’ve chosen a strapless dress, for example, you might want to go for a classy up do to show off a slender neck and decolletage.
- It’s also important that you prep your hair properly before styling, so that means you need to shampoo and condition your hair to suit your hair type (coloured, dry, afro, etc), and then use any mousses or styling sprays you like to give your hair a shiny, bouncy finish.
- Add a light coating of hairspray so your style lasts all night long, and carry a small bottle with you in your bag so you can top up if you need to!
Nobody wants their makeup to slide down their face as the night wears on, so follow these tips to keep yourself looking perfectly groomed until the early hours:
- Always cleanse, tone, and moisturise before you apply your makeup. You should use products that suit your skin tone, whether it’s dry, oily, or combination.
- Apply a primer to hold your makeup in place for longer and reduce the appearance of imperfections.
- Make sure your foundation matches your skin tone properly by getting tested at a makeup counter – wear fake tan to the makeup counter if that’s what you’ll be wearing come Christmas!
- For a flawless tan, Lauren’s Way and St Moriz are two of the best out there – apply with a mit after moisturising for the best result.
- In the weeks leading up to the big day, why not start some light exercise to keep your glowing and feeling good?
- Drink plenty of water; around 2 litres per day in the weeks leading up to and over the Christmas. This will help you to glow, shed any extra pounds you’re carrying, and flush out toxins from overindulging!
You’ll definitely be the bell of the ball with these expert tips!